Follow the procedure below, to learn how to install, configure and start using your SmartPOS.
Before you start installing and configuring SmartPOS, make sure you have all the equipment in place.
Aside from the SmartPOS itself, you might need the following devices:
Supported cash drawer models:
- CD0460 Cash Drawer 5B/5C
- CD0410 Cash Drawer 4B/5C
Supported receipt printer models:
- RP0080E 80mm Thermal Receipt Printer
- Advantex RP80 Net
Supported barcode scanner models:
- Datalogic QuickScan QBT2430
- Magellan 1500i
- Magellan 800i
- Advantex SC-6300
Supported Pin PAD models:
- PAX S300
- PAX A80
- PAX Aries 6
- PAX Aries 8
- Verifone P400
- Verifone MX-925
- Ingenico iSC 250 Touch
To view more information about the compatibility of additional devices with SmartPOS, click the device you need in the above list.
To install the SmartPOS cash register at your location:
- Choose a good spot.
- Petrosoft recommends you assemble the SmartPOS in the final spot where you intend to use this cash register.
- Start by finding and unpacking the cash drawer and all auxiliary cables.
- Place the cash drawer in the spot where you intend to keep the cash register.
- (Optional) Protect your equipment.
- Cash drawer and printer.
- Find the RJ22 to RJ22 cable that came with the receipt printer. This cable resembles an Ethernet cable but the cable ends are much smaller.
- Plug one end of the RJ22 cable into the port on the bottom of the cash drawer and the other end into the back of the receipt printer.
- Plug the receipt printer into the surge protector using the power cord.
Petrosoft HIGHLY recommends plugging all SmartPOS equipment into a surge protector and NOT directly into the wall outlet.
Result: The cash drawer is connected to the receipt printer. The receipt printer is connected to the power supply.
- Printer and cash register.
- Find the USB to USB cable that came with the receipt printer.
- Plug one end of the USB cable into any open USB port on the bottom of the SmartPOS.
- Plug the other end of the USB cable into the USB port on the back of the printer.
Result: The receipt printer is connected to SmartPOS.
- Scanner and cash register.
- Place the barcode scanner in a convenient position for scanning items.
- Connect one end of the scanner’s USB cable to the barcode scanner.
- Run the scanner’s USB cable through the back panel of the SmartPOS unit to the front.
- Connect the other end of the scanner’s USB cable to any available USB port on the back panel of the SmartPOS unit.
Result: The barcode scanner is connected to SmartPOS.
For more information, see Configuring Scanners.
- Connect SmartPOS to internet.
- Find the internet router or a network switch connected to your internet router.
- Run an Ethernet cable from any open port on your router / network switch to the network port located on the bottom of the SmartPOS.
- Turning on your SmartPOS.
- Plug the SmartPOS into the surge protector.
- Find and hold the silver power button on the base of the SmartPOS until the unit turns on.
Result: SmartPOS turns on. The screen with activation code is displayed.
After turning on your SmartPOS for the first time, you will be asked to enter a license key / activation code. This key is required to connect your SmartPOS to the Petrosoft cloud.
To get your activation key, follow the instructions below:
- Using your smartphone or other mobile device, scan the QR code from the Please enter activation code screen.
- Download the Retail 360 Mobile application and install it on your smartphone or other mobile device.
If you are not redirected automatically to the App Store or Google Play, use the direct links below:
- Log into the Retail 360 Mobile app using your Petrosoft Account.
For more information, see Logging Into Retail 360 Mobile.
- In the Feed list, find the Activate a New Device update with the SmartPOS icon and tap it.
- Select the store where the SmartPOS device is installed and tap it. If you have only one store, skip this step.
- Scan the activation QR code from the SmartPOS device.
- Make sure the license key is displayed for your SmartPOS.
- Make sure the SmartPOS device is installed and connected properly.
- In the bottom menu, swipe up from the Connect button.
- Make sure the activated SmartPOS device is displayed in the Devices list.
If you do not have a Petrosoft account yet, create it using the Sign Up form in the Retail 360 Mobile app. For more information, see Signing Up for Retail 360 Mobile
Haven't found the Activate a New Device notification in Feed? Swipe left until the Devices menu and tap Activate a New Device there.
Congratulations! You are now ready to work with your SmartPOS!
For more information, see Learning How to Use Your SmartPOS.